Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Big Doin's

At work.

I crawled out from my cubbyhole to do some business, and there were a whole bunch of unfamiliar people wandering around. Some of them looked like they thought they were important, so I asked around. The Secretary of the Navy was visiting to take a look at the progress on the new P8-A.

Secret Servicemen.

Cops of all sizes and affiliations.

Polliticians and hangers-on.

Photographers and publicists.

I went out back, and yes, there were black SUVs parked in the no-parking zone.

I quipped "So the head Navy guy couldn't come, so he sent his secretary. huh"

No doubt they have tapped my phone by now.

7 comments:

rennratt said...

That noise you just heard?

It was me laughing over here in NC.

They tapped my phone years ago, back when I referred to a former politician a "Neo-fascist cluster-u-k", a "Commie reeeeetard" and "a total waste of skin".

Al said...

Renn: What, irreverence for a politician from you? I am shocked and dismayed!

NOT!!

sue said...

LOL!

Sarah said...

I made some joke to someone on the phone once, I forget what, and immediately got disconnected, then got a call back where it was just silence.

So yep, they're always watching. And now you've blogged it here, and we're all going to get pegged for associating with you! Eep!!

Al said...

Sue: I hope "THEY" see the humor in it.

PQ: Speak into the cuff button, please

Sarah: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you!

Rick said...

You made it too easy, they still have your dog-eared file from the sixties.

Al said...

Rick: True. All too true