Wednesday, June 25, 2008

BORING!

Now that most of the electrical stuff has been done on the plane, my activity at work has dropped down to about nothing. We will maybe have about one package to work per night.

So I sit around with nothing to do. We have to be there just in case. Something may come up at any moment, so someone has to be there. But if nothing is happening, there is nothing to do.

After several months of running like my hair was on fire, it is hard to adjust.

The bad part is it leaves me way too much time to browse crasigslist and e-bay. I can inevitably find something I want to buy.

Last night is was a set of wheels and tires for the Z. A nice set of gold colored mesh wheels with almost new tires. A good buy, and something I have always wanted.

Do I need them? No. But they would sure look good on the car.

The night before it was a 1963 Mercedes. But the kicker is that the guy also has a couple of 1963 Facel Vega's. With my penchant for unususal cars I am itching to get a look at them. I have no place to put them, and no time to work on them, and I am right in the middle of fixing up Jenny, so to even entertain the idea of picking up another car is sheer stupidity.

But they are FACEL VEGAs.

I went as far as getting the guys address.

I should be blocked from e-bay and craigslist.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the up side... more time for blogging!

Al said...

ncp: There's always a silver lining. Only trouble is, I work second shift so most of the civilzed world is already shut down.

Sarah said...

Ebay is always dangerous! It amuses me to see what people are willing to sell and buy, but the trick is not to actually buy it yourself!

Michael said...

I can relate, I'm constantly browsing CL looking at motorcycles... someday I'll see a killer deal on the Kawasaki KLR650 I want to add to the stable!

Al said...

Sarah: I can always find a "deal" on something I would like to have.

Michael: If you find a Vincent Black Shadow basket case let me know.

rennratt said...

If you really want to be dangerous, join Freecycle.

Then it's random crap that others don't want...at NO CHARGE.

Al said...

Renn: You have an evil streak. You have just offered drugs to a junky.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I should be blocked too...I LOVE perusing both of them...especially E-Bay for books!

Well, after all that racing around, you deserve some down time. Go for it! ;)

Al said...

PQ: And it looks like I will get the weekend off, too. Two in a row!

Rick said...

Welcome to my last job! 'Cept I didn't have to sit in an office.

Al said...

Rick: I don't do well with boring.I'm apt to get into trouble.....