Thursday, June 19, 2008

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Right before I went to work, I went out and took loose the distributor, turned it 180 degrees, and reinstalled it.

Went and got the key and my remote start button.

Connected everything up, sprayed Thrust in the ports in the head, crossed my fingers and pushed the button.

Jennie coughed, stumbled, and ran for a couple of seconds, and ran out of fuel.

It was so cool I had to do it again. Now I know that everything I have done so far was correct, and that the car will run. Big first step.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Which is more appropriate here--golf claps or wild happy dances?

Either way, congrats!

Al said...

Sarah: A little power fist pump would be just about right.

Sarah said...

Tiger Woods style?

Done and done!

Al said...

Sarah: Skill and class. Tiger Woods. I'll bet this is the only time in my life when his name and mine occur in close proximity.

Michael said...

Congrats Al!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yay! :) Must've been music to your ears! :)

Al said...

Michaell: One small step, but an important one.

PQ: Yeah, but just a small preview to the main event.

sue said...

You sound like Doc Frankenstein. LOL!

Al said...

Sue: Sometimes I feel a little like him.....bringing to life a car that has been dead for over 20 years.