Monday, February 09, 2009

And that's Final

Like usual, I got things wrong. Working seven days a week gets me so out of touch with things I sometimes don't know if I'm afoot or horseback.

The debate tournament at Stanford was not Regionals, as I had thought, but a National level tournament. Nationals isn't until the end of the year.

So V. brought home a sparkely. It says "2009 STANFORD NATIONAL INVITATIONAL EXCELLENT CONGRESSIONAL SPEAKER".

He does not know exactly where he placed in finals, just "Somewhere between sixth and thirtieth". In other words he didn't win a medal, but that's not all that important to me. More important is that he put in the time and effort and concentration to achieve a goal. It took a lot of focus and dedication to get up at zero dark thirty on Saturdays, stay out late, travel all over, not let himself get down when he didn't do as well as he thought he should.

So congratulations to V.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Definite congratulations! That's awesome!

Al said...

Sarah: I'm VERY proud of him for sticking with it.