Thursday, February 05, 2009

At last

The chairs I ordered six weeks ago came in today. They are very nice and comfortable. They could be a little taller, but that's OK since they have adjustable arms, adjustable back support, adjustable foot support ring. AND WHEELS! Oh, and they spin like a bar stool.
My back and neck will be grateful.
The second at last is I made the final payment on the motor home today. That frees up an extra couple of hundred bucks a month that can be used for other things, like gas for the motor home. We need to sit down and try to sketch out some preliminary plans for going camping. I am still thinking about adding a tow bar to the front of the S10 so we can tow it along and use it when we get where we are going.
And the last is not an at last, just the last thing on my mind for this morning. One of the guys I have worked with for the last year got his layoff notice today. So far the Company is playing by the rules in the contract. That is, Contractors go first. This Engineer is a Contractor, so he is one of the first to go. I hate to see him go, but them's the rules and the chances you take when you become a contractor.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

John's idea of camping is a blow-up mattress in a tent, leaning towards an RV. I bet there's beautiful places up in your neck of the woods, or down along the coast.

Anonymous said...

It's why the contractors get paid more...

Al said...

Sarah: I was a backpacker until I hit about 50. Then all the sudden the ground developed all sorts of roots and rocks. First it was a blow-up bed, then an RV. Lots of beautiful places to go. I think out favorite is Deception Pass State Park.

NCP: Yep. That and they don't get the benefits that a direct report gets.