Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Happy Friday the 13th. How can Friday ever be a bad day?

Now if it was Monday the 13th, that I could understand. No redeeming qualities at all.

All you have to do is hang on, and the week is over. You can stay up late and not worry about the alarm. You can have one more drink, and so what if you sleep in late and feel a little unfocused.

I noticed that there were a quite a few cars missing in the parking lot. A lot of people will use any excuse to stay home. I know one guy that refuses to get out of bed on Friday the 13th. Really.

I'm not sure where the superstition came from. One theory (based on fact) is that it is because it was on Friday the 13th that the Pope and the King of France ordered the roundup and murder of The Knights Templar.

So do any of you out there have a superstition? Personally I am free of them

Knock on wood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one "superstition" kind of. Whenever I see a penny on the ground I think it is lucky no matter if it is heads up or not. I choose for that penny to be lucky. Actually, I am looking for any excuse to buy an extra lottery ticket ;)

Al said...

Daphne: "See a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck." The lottery is a whole differnt scale of luck.

Al said...

Just slipping in the back door to get to Blogger Dashboard.