Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Witless Wednesday

No great pronouncements here today. Just gettin' by like everyone else. I finally got a decent night's sleep.

V. has joined the Track Team. This from a kid with whom it takes a whip and chair to get him away from the computer. I am greatly pleased. He had gotten to the point where I was worried he might have to be surgically separated from his computer.

Last night was the spring potluck for the debate team, so naturally I had to cook up egg rolls. That's the trouble with making something really good. Everybody wants to help you eat it, no one wants to help you make it. So I made V. cook the egg rolls. I supervised (and tasted to make sure they were cooked properly). I told him from now on he has to cook his own egg rolls for potlucks.

I also told him that next time we MAKE egg rolls, he will have to help or he won't get any. So yesterday I had to pick him up froom track practice and run him home, help him cook egg rolls and then take him to the Debate potluck.

I made him get a ride home from the Potluck.

3 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I've gotta go get me some breakfast...I was hungry before I read your post and now I'm starving! ;)

Good for you making V. cook...it NEVER hurt anyone to learn how to cook for themselves! :)

Al said...

PQ: Next comes teaching him how to make the egg rolls. Then I'll be sure he won't starve.

Al said...

doo dah: good to see you survived the evil tax season.