Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tax Time

It's not that I procrastinate or anything, I just hate doing taxes.

At least I didn't put it iff until the last minute (That would be Tuesday).

So we queued up at H & R Block yesterday. No room at the Inn. They told us to go somewhere else. They called, and the H & R Block in Southcenter (About 5 miles away) had an opening. We walked in and were immediately served. Not a whole lot of people know there is a Tax place in Sears. It is on the second floor, back in a corner, past the bathrooms, down the hall from the portrait place.

It's kinda like they are ashamed of it but had to have it so they locked it in the broom closet and won't tell anyone where it is.

We are getting back a wad this year. I am toiling with the idea of adjusting my deductions. The first year Mrs, A and I were together, we had to PAY MONEY to the IRS. So we zeroed out everything, and since then we have been getting money back.

So, which would you rather do? Let the Government play with your money all year and get back a chunk, or keep it all now and risk paying it back at tax time?

4 comments:

rennratt said...

I prefer to let them play a little.

Then I give a bunch of stuff to charity and write it off.

I also write off any home improvements.

The government ends up paying me back with INTEREST.

Al said...

Renn: On the other hand, it might be nice to add the money into the monthly budget. You know I didn't write off homme immprovements. And I built a deck, and put in a new kitchen floor. Oh well, too late for this year.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I can sympathize...the first year The PK and I were married, we owed over $5,000.00 to the IRS (with him working construction, he hadn't payed any taxes). I FREAKED out, thinking "DAMN! If this is what it's like to be married, I want out!!!" ;)

This year we got a bunch back...but had to turn right around and use it to pay our property taxes. Which SUCKS.

Anyway, glad you're getting some bucks back. Nice, isn't it?

Al said...

PQ Now the discussion comes on how we get to spend it. Mrs A. wants to travel, I want a new car. Maybe we should buy a new car and go on a trip!