Sunday, May 20, 2007

Airstream 190



So this is what the Beast looks like, sorta. I didn't get a picture of the actual vehicle, but this one looks just like the one we looked at.

It was all locked up, so we didn't get a look at the inside, but I surfed around on the internet and looked up stuff.

I has air conditioning, stove, heat, sink, shower, a big bed above the cab, fold out couch for a second bed, bathroom. Converter and generator, can be hooked up to outside power. The cabinetry in the photos I saw is superb.

We peeked in the drivers window, and the seats are pristine. The guy that has it is in Arizona for a week, so I have to wait until he gets back before I can get a look at the inside. It will have to start and run, and the interior can't be totally trashed for me to buy it, but my mind is pretty well made up.

I figure we can use it for the summer and get rid of it in the Fall if we don't like it. And probably make a few dollars in the process.

It will drive me nuts, having to wait for a week.

Patience is not one of my most prominent character traits.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Wow, I agree... if it runs and it's in decent shape inside.. buy it! I'd love to have a camper like that. The kids and I normally tent camp and I have no interest in a huge RV, but I'd love to have a small camper for road trips!

Rick said...

Wow. Reminds me of the van conversions I saw in the late 70s-early-80s. My Dad bought one, drove it cross country out-and-back and sold it three months later. Worked pretty well for the folks.

Al said...

Michael: It will be just the right size for my wife and I and a couple of extra people. They can sleep in the tent (ha!).

Rick: I figure I can make a nice profit on it if I decide not to keep it. They are going for 12 to 19 grand on the internet. Blue book is 14-17.

Anonymous said...

wow I was expecting to see a bunch of "when the van's a rockin" jokes. You guys are slipping. Al, I must say Mrs. A has her hands full with you. How many vehicles do you own? I am not much of a camper anymore. I kind of started hating it around...oh let's just say puberty.

Al said...

Daphne: I only own five, but if Mrs A. would let me, I would have more. We have an agreement now. If I get a new vihicle, I have to get rid of an old one.

We both love camping, but sleeping on the ground, even with an air matress is getting to be a pain (literally).