Thursday, May 17, 2007

Whole Lotta Nuthin'

Got nothing going on at the moment, either at home or at work, and that's fine with me. Only trouble is, I have things that need to be done.

I need to recaulk the upstairs tub.

There's a truck sitting in my driveway that doesn't run.

I have a ground effects kit for the Z that is just sitting there waiting for me to fit it on the car and paint it.

The yard needs work, the basement needs to be cleaned up.

Some of the siding on the house on the South side needs to be replaced.

The thought of all that makes me want to go take a nap.

7 comments:

Rick said...

I know the feeling. For a while there, home repair/projects were costing me $3000/wk. I'm just layin' low and hopin' the Repair Gods have moved on to somebody else's house.

Al said...

Rick: good to know you weren't sacrificed to the Rapair Gods. In a futile attempt to take control over our finances, we put all of our available cash to pay down Carols car.

I only hope that the Home Gods have not sensed our momentary weakness to visit us with a little surprise.

rennratt said...

Oh, start with the recaulking.

One tube, 2 dollars - five minutes.

DONE.

Al said...

Renn: time to strip out the old caulking, two hours. Time to dry out the old surfaces: an hour.. Time to put the new caulking in, 30 minutes. I ain't that simple.

Denny Shane said...

lol I am the same way! lol

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I could go for a nap right about now...:)

Al said...

Denny: Hard work doesn't bother me. I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

PQ: If I had to get under my desk to check the electrical connections, I don't think I would make it back up.