Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers day to all you mothers.

I am lucky enough to have my mom still alive and well. She is the center of our family.

When I asked her what she wanted for mothers day, she said she wanted me to come down and snake out the drain to the sink in her bathroom. Not very Mothers Day, but if that was what she wanted, that's what she would get.

I know how to do plumbing, but I hate it. So on Saturday, I went down to her placce and took the snake and plumbing tools. I pulled apart the trap. and it was clean, so either the block was above it or below it. I always take the easiest route first, so I stuck my finger up the downspout from the sink.

Splut.

The down tube was blocked solid.

Hair, toothpast and God knows what else. I went and gor a screwdriver to work it loose, and by hand pulled out this nasty black stinky stuff. It didn't take long, but every time I think of it I want to go wash my hands.

But if you put it in perspective, how many times did she clean nasty stinky stuff off of me?

For Mrs A., I fired up the BBQ and made Shish-ka-bobs and salmon. Everything came out perfect (I am master of the grill!)

Nice weekend.

4 comments:

rennratt said...

Ewww.

I'm glad to see that you took care of the gross stuff for your mum on Mother's Day.

Your dinner for Mrs. A. sounds delicious!

Al said...

Renn: Shrimp-ka-bobs. Piece of onion, shrimp, pineapple and green pepper. They were scrummptious.

Although mom only wanted the sink done, I went out and got her a wisteria and a card, too.

Anonymous said...

what a good son you are! and I haven't met a man yet that doesn't claim to be master of the grill. BBQ-ing and size of the crotch luggage always is top notch according to men ;)

Al said...

Daphne: You'll just have to take my word on it. It's not like I have ever exaggerated on my blog.