Monday, May 28, 2007

Eight Things

I was tagged by the lovely and witty Penut Queen with this.

The rules are that you are to post eight things about yourself, then tag eight people to keep it going.

Most of the people who stop by here have already been tagged, but if you haven't, consider your self tagged.

1. I am ambidextrous. I can do most everything with either hand. And no Rick, that doesn't mean I can switch hands without losing a stroke.

2. I don't swim. I sorta can, but have almost drowned twice. We all know what happens the third time, so I decided I'd better not push my luck.

3. I once had sex in a tree. A ladyfriend and I were taking a shortcut through an orchard late at night, and we got chased up in an apple tree by a dog. He wouldn't let us down, so to pass the time, we started messing around. One thing led to another, and........

4. Although my family had a farm within sight of Swietzer Ski Basin, I have never strapped boadrs on my feet and attempted to fall down the side of a mountain. The only skis I have ever been on were firmly attached to the bottom of a snowmobile.

5. I have never lost a fight. I either won, or they were broken up before there was a winner. There were a few times when I avoided a fight because the odds were not good, like the time eight guys jumped a friend of mine and I. We managed to talk our way out of it, mainly because my friend had some really dangerous relatives.

6. I like fixing things. I always have around at least on project car just in case I get bored. I will buy something that needs work, fix it up, drive it for a couple of years, sell it, and go buy another junker. This is how I got the down payment for my first house. I started out selling a camera for $200 and buying a car, and five years later sold a 1960 Jaguar Mark IX Saloon Car for the downpayment. Since then I won't work on a car unless I WANT to. One of my proudest moments as a parent was hearing R. tell one of her friends "Just bring your bike over to my house, my dad can fix ANYTHING"

7. I have to have a book to read. I probably have 1,000 books in my library, and have read a lot more. If I didn't have a book, I would read cereal boxes and soup can labels.

8. If I had mmy life to do over, I wouldn't change a dammn thing. I like who I am, warts and all. and each and every thing I have done is a part of what makes me what I am.

So, there you have it. If you are reading this and have not already been tagged with it, consider yourself tagged.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

#1 - You are SO bad...;)

#3 - Wow...now THAT'S very acrobatic! Get any splinters? Sorry, I just had to ask...:)

#4 - Don't feel bad...I've lived surrounded by water my entire life but have only been on water skis ONE time.

#6 - That is SO sweet!

#7 - The PK and I are the SAME way! :)

Al said...

PQ: Mornin' sweetie. No splinters here, but I had never heard of "bark burn" before.

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

wow... in a tree!.. colour me impressed!

im not a wonderfully strong swimmer myself...i could keep myself afloat, but god help if i had to try and rescue anyone.

and i am totally with you on #7

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Al said...

EW: Not the most comfortable romantic encounter I've ever had, but the "Out on a Limb" Club doesn't have a lot of members. (snicker)