Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pointless

"You don't have to have a point to have a point, dig?" That's from the animated movie "The Point". Those particular words of wisdom are from The Rock Man.

Somewhere at home I have a copy of it. "A point in every direction is the same as no point at all" Another quote, O believe from The Pointed Man.

What's that? You say you have never heard of The Point? Remember the song "Me and my Arrow"? that's from the movie.

So what's the point of all this?

There is none.

I went over to the BECU Service Center yesterday an got preclearance for a loan to buy the Airstream. I asked for six grand, and they pre-approved me for $72,000.00. Sheesh, talk about overkill.

I was perusing Craigslist (I should be banned) and there was this beautiful 1967 AC Cobra reproduction for sale. For $31,999.00 it was a bargain. When I got home last night I told Mrs A that we had been approved for the loan, up to $72,000.00.

"Honey, you know, I've been thinking. We need to buy a small car of some kind we can drag behind the RV, so that we don't have to drive the RV around when we get where we are going."

She said "That makes sense"

I said "Well I saw this beautiful AC Cobra for sale for only $32,000.00, and we are approved for up to $72,000.00............"

I don't think I want to repeat what she said.

Hey, I was on a roll, why not try.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

It was worth a shot! :)

My parents and I vacationed in an Airstream for years...we used to go to Pennsylvania every year and stay two week in it.

I always thought they looked like big silver jelly beans...;)

Al said...

PQ: I thought they looked like Spaceships.

Rick said...

Hey! Thirty-two grand is about what it's gonna cost me to drive the tricked-out Prius. Now wouldn't THAT be a sight, towed behind the Airstream!

Al said...

Rick: it would be kinda HUH? Conspicuous consumption and green transportation at the same time.