Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Interview

So Michael had his interview the other day and dared anybody to step forward and volunteer to be interviewed.

In a moment of weakness, I volunteered.

So here is the result. By the way, excellent questions, Michael!

1. You've mentioned your sports car on your blog so you must enjoy a spirited drive, what's the most outrageous thing you've done behind the wheel of an automobile?

Boy, this covers a multitude of opportunities.

I don't suppose doing the track at PIR as fast as I could in my Z with my grandson in the car is all that bad. After the first lap he stopped looking like he was going to puke and settled down, we had a great time. Or maybe doing 130 on the freeway in my GTO.

Here's one I enjoy.

We were working swingshift, so we got out at midnight. I had my GTO and we were looking for something to do. We got off the freeway and into Burien, just cruising, a couple of guys in their 20's looking for some action. We were going down the main east-west drag, 152nd. I noticed a car on the side of the road with its lights out. Something in me said "Sneaker", which was comfirmed when the car started and, still hugging the curb with the lights still out, slowly was keeping an eye on us. I told Jose' to hang on.

I took a hard right into a parking lot, accellerated, went behind a building and took a right, took a left and came out on the back block. Took a right and an immediate left, as the cop car with lights on worked its way through the maze. Another left, another right, two cop cars in sight now. Lights going. Down an alley, through another parking lot, right then an immediate left. Three cop cars. down another alley, around a corner up a driveway, turn lights and engine off.

Watch several cop cars go by. I waited until the street was clear, backed out and slowly sarted to go home. Two blocks later, about six cop cars came from different directions and blocked us. It was the "Out of the car, on the ground" scenario. I have to mention that at no time had I violated any laws. I never exceeded the speed limit, I never chirped the tires, they were never close enough to say they were in immediate pursuit.

They knew they had nothing to charge us with unless they found something in the car, so they proceeded to toss the car. They took out the spare, the tools, the trunk liner, some interior panels, but there was nothing to be found.

So they left us in the middle of the street with half of the car sitting on the ground. They just said "Have a nice evening" and left.

2. Upon arriving home from work one day, you're met at your door by a trio of men in dark suits wearing dark glasses. They introduce themselves as Secret Service agents. The president has read your blog and desperately wants advice on running the country. You get to meet with him for 30 minutes. What gems of wisdom do you share with him?

The President is supposed to govern at the approval of the people. You have said a couple of times that you don't care what the people say, the press says, the Generals say. There was no justification to invade Iraq, no WMD, no smoking gun. You are President, not King George the 1st. Listen to the people.

You come off as a puppet for big oil. Hell, you personally benefit from the inflated prices. Grow some balls, get the pupetmaster hand out of your ass, and work to improve the situation.
This is the only Earth we will ever have. Take care of it. Yes I know trees are bigger than Bush's, but get over your penis envy and give the environment a break.

3. "The Company" (you know which one!) has determined that your hard work has boosted the stock price! To thank you they've offered you an all-expenses paid night out, anywhere, anything. You've even got use of a company jet to fly you to your destination. Where do you go and what do you eat?

So many places, so many choice. Tokyo for Kobe beef, sushi, sake and a steam job and blow bath? Bangcock for night life and some smokin' hot Beef and Brocoli, or Beijing for a tour of the forbidden city and Honey walnut chicken and eels?

4. The day after you get back from your special dinner, "The Company" announces that due to an increase in executive compensation, budgets are going to have to be cut in other areas. Your group is downsized. The bad news, you're out of a job. The good news, you're invited to participate in a special state program that will allow you to start your own business and not worry about start up costs. What kind of company do you wind up starting?

No problem here, but two choices.

First, a vintage sports car restoration service. I think there is a real good market for it, I love the cars, and with a few discerning emplotees I think I could make a name for myself.

Second choice: Open a Brewpub. I have made probably 20 different kinds of beer as a hobby, and thought at one time about starting "Al's Ales", but the economics meant that I would have to work my ass off to just get started, and I didn't want the economicc risk because of my family.

5. After a Chinese lunch one day, you crack open your fortune cookie and lo and behold, it's a magic fortune! You can instantly learn to play any musical instrument and travel in space and time to jam with your all time favorite musician. What do you wish for?

I love blues guitar. I can play a little, and really appreciate a good guitar solo.
I'd have to go with the guitar, and I would love to jam with the guitar god, Eric Clapton.

Any volunteers for next interview?

5 comments:

Michael said...

Great answers Al! I've had my sport bike out on the track at PIR, I think the bikes run the same track as the sports cars if I remember right so I know how much fun that is! I'd love to take the driving school there as I've got an interest in sports cars myself. Sadly it's pretty pricey and honestly, my bike sucks up enough spare cash all by itself, it doesn't need a stablemate!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I done did my interview! :)

"a steam job and blow bath"

I liked that one!

;)

Al said...

Michael Turn 1, a big sweeping left of almost 180 degrees followed by a hairpin right and another hairpin left while dropping 300 feet in elevation. I'd probably have a Bike, too, if it didn't rain so stinkin' much.

PQ: A saying from my time in the service. Of course I have no idea what it means.

Michael said...

Speaking of sports cars, I think you can appreciate the advertisement as much as I did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5wwHGEpHs

;-)

Al said...

Michael: Oh man, that got my pulse rate up. my right foot pressed firmly against the floor, and an impulse to SHIFT SOMETHING