Monday, October 22, 2007

CAR WARS

I am a motorhead of sorts. That is to say, I have spent more hours under a car than watching TV. My retirement dream is to buy a classic sports car that I can disassemble, restore every nut, bold and washer, and put back together.

Right now I wouls settle on a garage and shop so I don't have to work in the rain and cold.

Yesterday we spent a couple of hours doing a brake job for Ls 95 little Chev. Not a difficult job, since I have done this many times and have the necessary tools. I supervised and the boyfriend did the work. I knew several shortcuts and stuff. In the end we got it done.

The radiator was leaking some, so the boyfriend attampted to fix it with some JB WELD. There was a crack on the seam by the upper spud, so he puttied it up and let it sit for several hours. When he went to reattach the top hose, the spud broke off.

She had a court appointment in Court today over some unpaid traffic tickets. She is petitioning the court to be allowed too work off the tickets by Public Service instead of paying fines, since she has no money.

So I handed her the keys to the truck I just bought.

I Only cringed a little.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and son are like that. They live and breath motor vehicles (when they're not farming.). Son races dirt track - stock cars, and husband used to drag race. Anyway, the other night I'm watching the new show "Life" and they show and dorked out Buick Grand National and it is going down the road with a muscle-car rumbling VROOOM. I laughed myself out of the chair I was so amused. My husband has a GN and the turbo sounds like a whoosh, NOT what they were showing. I've been 'trained' by the best... ;)

Al said...

Sue: On the old TV shows, I always loved in when they "Peeled out" on dirt. Or when the rice rocket stays with a fully tricked out Charger with a blower in a drag race (The Fast and the Furious).

Od course it drives Mrs A a little nutso, but that's half the reason for doing it. As I said about "The Day After Tomorrow" "Bad actig AND bad science, what more could you ask for?"

Rick said...

Careful, they might put her to work puttying spuds.

Al said...

Rick: But what about her NAILS?

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo...yikes. :)

My neighbor did that with like a 57 Chevy pick-up. Built it from the bottom up....canary yellow...it was sweeeeet! :)

Al said...

PQ: I saw an ad for a 1959 Special Aluminum Bodied Drophead coupe' the other day for $6,000. I had the money but it needed to go elsewhere. Oh well.