Monday, October 08, 2007

No Cigar

I am flinging darts this morning. I can't hit a thing.

My rapier-like wit has turned to a dull stick.

The finely tuned engine that is my mind is only hitting on about three cylinders, and may be in the process of throwing a rod.

My input shaft and output shaft are not speaking to each other.

Plenty of horsepower under the hood, it's just not getting to the street.

I have arthritis in my neck, and when it flares up, I start getting spasms in my right arm and hand. It feels like it is on fire. But I have an excellent anti-convulsive muscle relaxer that makes it go away.

Unfortunately it causes my clutch to slip, so I can't get any traction.

It may look like I am sitting here doing very little, but the truth is, I am stitting here doing nothing.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Hell, that's me without medication!

Al said...

Rick: I was tring to come up with a witty comment, but my clutch started slipping, and smoke was coming out my ears.

I hope I didn't permanently harm anything.