Thursday, October 18, 2007

No big Whoopee

There are places where the big windstorm has cut off power, downed trees and phone lines. But here at La Casa De Al it has been a big disappointment.

I love me a good storm. Once during a typhoon, I tied myself to a basketball pole so I could be out in the wind. Y'know the scene with Lt. Dan if Forest Gump when he ties himself to the mast of the Shrimpin' Boat and yells "Is that all you got?"

Thats me.

One of my ideal jobs would be Storm Chaser.

So far this is nothing.

But I am ready...............

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I love me a storm too...but when they get too bad, my ass is inside.

The PK stayed up all night the night Hurricane Jeanne came thru...he wandered around the streets here in town just liking the fact he was standing in the middle of a hurricane.

Me? I was inside making sure I had a copy of his life insurance policy in our lock box. ;)

Al said...

PQ: Mrs A is sure I am quite mad when it comes to my love of storms. And sometimes I am not so sure myself.

Michael said...

It was a let down here too Al... the lights flickered a little but that's about it. I had my emergency lantern ready to go and everything too.

Well, it's early in the season!

Al said...

Michael: The Talking Heads on TV made it sound like we were going to be in for a real event. I did see one tree down, but it was an immature ornamental Maple.