Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This'n That

There was this old Black & Decker add that went; "On the weekends it was me against the house, and the house being bigger, it usually won."

Know that feeling well.

I went home last night and it had stopped raining, so I ran upstairs to look, and yes it was dry enough to seal the seam by the flashing. I went downstairs and got some plumbers putty and went up and sealed the seam

10:00 last night I hear "Drip, drip, drip." Get up to look, and sure enough it is dripping on the inside of the window. Too late to do anything, so I put a drip pan in place, and went back to bed.

When I got up this mornning, there wasn't very much water, so I have it 90% comtained. I'll have to get out and figure out where it is getting in. This still doesn't SOLVE the problem, just treats the symptom.

Lest y'all thinnk that my vacation was all sunlight and flowers, I thought I'd set the record straight.

On Monday R. called and confirmed the rumor that she is expecting. We talked for a while, and everything was pretty much OK. She went on to say that she wanted to make peace with Mrs A. I told her that if she really wanted to make peace, she needed to do what I have been asking her to do for the last six months: Write a sincere letter of apollogy to Mrs A for threatening to kill her, to start things off. This if course did not go over well.

I told her that the reason was to force her to look at her own behavior and deal with it, instead of just blowing it off and saying "Oh, I was just mad." like that would justify anything she had done.

I will not budge on this issue. She needs to be held accountable for her behavior, and as long as I allow her to continue with it, things will never change. I love her, but some times I don't like her.

I got up the next morning and there was a voice mail on my cell phone.

"You and your crazy B***ch wife stay the hell out of my business. I am moving in to my own place on Nov. 1st, and you will never see your grandkid. F### you and goodbye."

I am storing her stuff in my basement, and I pay her cell phone bill. I am SSOOOOO tempted to call her up and tell her I am shutting off her cell phone and she has 24 hours to come get her stuff or I will put it out on the street with a big "FREE" sign on it.

But luckily one of us is an adult.

7 comments:

Michael said...

Tough love is well, tough. But I agree, you gotta do what you're doing. It'd be tempting for me to turn off that cellphone, but at least this way you know she has that lifeline if she chooses to use it.

Al said...

Michael: It gets easier every time. The first couple of times it hurt like hell. Now it's more of an inconvenience.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Well, damn...that sucks. But what can you do, you know? You're taking the high road not turning off her phone and throwing her stuff into the street. I'd just about be pissed off enough after a nasty message like that to do it too!!!

Al said...

PQ:I was and am real close.

Rick said...

Aw, jeez, when is the girl gonna grow up? I think I'd cut off the phone, just to see how long it takes her to figure it out. *Sigh*

Al said...

Rick: It would probably take about 10 minutes. If she could, I thinnk she would have the phone surgicly implanted

sue said...

Oh, that's rough. I feel for you guys. What a bundle of emotions those kids can bring up, huh?