Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Exhastipated

Exhausted + constipated = exhaustipated Def: Too tired to give a shit.

After a busy day at work, with a major storm headed our way, I went and got a ton of pellets for the pellet stove. My little S10 is kinda small for that amount of weight.

When I went to get the pellets, I told the clerk I wanted to pick up a half a ton, take them home, and come back for the rest. They told me they would only sell them as a ton, or by the bag. If you bought the ton, you needed to take them all at once. The bag price is higer, so I did the math.

The truck is rated at 6000 lbs. Weight of the vihicle, say 3500 lbs, plus 2000 lbs of pellets plus almost 200 lbs for me is 5700 lbs. Heck I could throw in a fat man and still be under weight.

So we loaded the pellets. The back bumper was about six inches from the ground, and the hood poined a little in the air.As I drove home the truck tended to wander a little, there being not enough weight on the front end.

I took back roads all the way home, and didn't have any problems.

Luckily L's boyfriend was there, so he helped me unload and stack the pellets. Or rather, I helped him, since he did more work than I did.

But now I am sitting here with a fire going in the pellet stove, watching "The Goonies" with Mrs A, knowing I am prepared for the windstorm that is supposed to hit tomorrow.

If the power goes out I have a generator that will run the pellet stove and a light and the TV. The Motor Home is gassed up and ready to go, and has a gas stove and generator. It will be cool enough outside to keep the beer cold.

What more could a guy ask for?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time!

Rick said...

I am NOT looking forward to this storm! Hoping the weather gurus are full of shit. Again. As usual. Like they are when they say it's gonna be a beautiful weekend.

Al said...

NCP: It's too bad the pellet stove is a closed system or we could roast hot dogs and make smores.

Rick: Of course the weather gurus are full of shit. Always were, always will be. The talking heads were already predicting the end of civlization as we know it.

Anonymous said...

Can I admit that is one of my favorite things? Getting stuck at home when the weather is bad and as long as I know my kids and critters are all safe, I'm one happy camper.

Hope it all works out!

oh, and what you told Rick? So true... whenever we get bad storm warnings my husband always says sarcastically, "yeah, we're all gonna die"... 'cause they make it sound like that is just what's happening!

Al said...

Sue: At the farm, we would sometimes be cut off for several days because the driveway was long and we didn't have a snowblower or anything. We would have canasta tournaments, put together jigsaw puzzles and read. All snug and comfy. Only after a couple of days would it begin to get old.