Monday, October 15, 2007

A Lot More Nothing

There are no pictures of ML3 in performance, because I gave up my spare camera batteries for the cause.

The AA batteries in April's mic were dead and they didn't have any spares.

Other people took lots of shots of the performance, so they should show up eventually.

On Friday I bought myself a truck.

No big deal. It is a Chev S-10 Pickup with 120,000 miles. The color is turquoise, and I have yet to find anything wrong with it. It is a little temperamental when you first try to start it. Don't touch the gas, or it will flood. Something I discovered after work today. But start it did.

Eventually

After work I went to transfer the title, but didn't have enough money to relicense it. The tabs aren't due until Dec. 31st, so I have time. But first I had to get it emissions tested for them to transfer the title.

This pisses me off. Even if the vehicle is currently licensed and everything, if you live in certain zip codes, you have to get it tested. Well, what if it wasn't running? I had this logical argument with the clerk, but logic was not a system that applies.

So I ran over to the emissions place had it tested, and ran back. It passed and I walked in at the license place with 30 secconds to spare. I hit every light and crossing sign, but I got it done.

Whew!

7 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

We don't have anything like that here.....no inspections anymore either. you should SEE the pieces of crap people drive on the roads!

Al said...

PQ: It's a good thing that they are making an effort to clean up the air and everything, but it irks me that it is only certain areas. If it's the law it should apply to everyone.

Rick said...

Performance photos are up on http://newmorninglight.com/Photo%20Gallery.htm. Another 98 on CD that I'll hand over to the band on Wednesday.

Al said...

Rick: Thanks, I'll go take a look. The one you had on your blog was incredible.

Rick said...

Bobbi's new boyfriend took them on my camera, 'cuz none of them can remember to bring one. Thanks for the batteries, BTW.

sue said...

We don't have those inspections any more here, either... haven't had for years.

Good for you, giving up your batteries for "the cause". ;)

Al said...

Rick: No big deal on the batteries, it always makes me feel good if I can do a little something for the effort.

Sue: Definitely one of my hot buttons, those inspections.

It wasn't like there were no other batteries, it was just that someone would have had to leave and run into North Bend to buy some.