Friday, October 24, 2008

At Last

At Last It's Friday. This week has been a struggle. The Crud thingy has really gotten me draggin' ass.
But I woke up this morning feeling great. Oh I still have a stuffy head and a little bit of a cough, but I FEEL 100% improved. Not only am I going to live, but it is a good thing. Part of it was taking the day off yesterday.
I had to go down and pick up R and "i" at the train station yesterday at 10:00 AM. Good enough excuse for me to take the day off.
R had contracted food poisoning the night before, so her trip back was pretty unpleasant. Instead of taking her down to Tacoma, We just went as far as our house. I knew that Mrs A. would love to have a real live baby to cuddle and coo, and R is still my daughter and I love her and want to make sure she is OK. So she is going to park it at our place until Saturday.
After she and "i" went down for an afternoon nap. Mrs A and I took off wandering. It was such a beautiful Fall afternoon. The leaves turning, blue skies and sunshine, temperatures in the upper 50s.
Our big local Mall had just undergone a major renovation, so we went down to see what the hubub was all about. Mall exploring is not one of my favorite activities, but Mrs A wanted to pay her Penny's bill, and I wanted to get a couple of books that just came out. So we spent a couple of hours wandering in and out of shops. It was really great that we both felt up to being out and about.
I fried up egg rolls for dinner, watched some tube, played with my grandson.
How could you not feel better after a day like that.
I didn't even hate it when the alarm went off this morning.

2 comments:

sue said...

i am never happy when the alarm goes off. never.

Al said...

Sue: I have a love/hate thing going with the alarm clock.