Thursday, October 02, 2008

O Give me a Home........

Where the buffalo roam.......The stew pot, that is.

I was headed down to my Mom's last night to get her computer functioning correctly when the add came on "On sale now at Fred Meyer. Buffalo."

I think that buffalo makes the best stew around. Oh I love me some beef stew, especially when it is a little nippy out and I want something to warm me up. But Buffalo makes the best stew, so when I left my Mom's I had to detour over to the store to pick up a couple of pounds of Buffalo stew meat.

I have all the ingredients ready and waiting. As soon as I get home it will be time to chop and peel and throw it all in a big pot. Simmer for a couple of hours and voila', culinary heaven.

12 comments:

Michael said...

I've never had buffalo in stew but that sounds really tasty. The Grocery Outlet in Burien carried bison burgers for a while, I went through several boxes of those. Talk about a great burger!

Sarah said...

AND it's healthier for you than beef, right?? Mmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Buffalo is great! It's like beef with extra beef flavor!

sue said...

I love beef stew... it is my signal that fall is truly here. One of my all-time winter favorites, too. Never tried it with buffalo, tho'... maybe I'll have to track some of that down!

Rick said...

Buffalo make great chips, too! And their wings are to die for.

Al said...

Michael: Get thee hence to Fred Meyer.

Sarah: A lot less fat in buffalo.

ncp: A lot more flavor. I have to add bullion to beef to have it taste beefy enough. Don't have the same problem with Buffalo.

Sue: It's a lottle more expensive, and harder to get ahold of, so it is a kind of special occasion thing.

Al said...

Rick: How they fly with those tiny little wings, I never will understand.

Al said...

Rick: And last time I tried to make buffalo chips they really made the chippper all messy.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

There's a fancy-schmancy restaurant down in Tampa The PK and I have been to a few times that serve buffalo steaks. I gotta say they're pretty tasty! :)

Al said...

PQ: If it is BBQ season, when the Buffalo is in, I usually snag a couple of steaks. Not this time. We are just too busy and the weather won'r cooperate.

rennratt said...

It is 48 degrees here this morning. I wish they sold buffalo meat here.

That sounds delicious.

Al said...

Renn: It's my favorite.