Sunday, October 05, 2008

Stuff


Busy weekend.


We went with the band for a show at Maple Lane in Centralia. It took about eight hours to set up for the two one hour shows, another couple of hours to break down and pack up.


Mrs A. and I got a room for the night instead of driving all the way back home when we were exhausted. Last time I kinda drifted off when I was driving back, and it scared the crap out of both of us. Better to just spend the night there and come back the next morning. So we slept in, had a leisurely breakfast at Kit Carson's. What the hell does a restaurant it Chehalis Washington have to do with Kit Carson? I guess I'll never know.


On the way back home we stopped in to see My latest, A great grandson, named Neeko. He really isn't a blood relation, but that's OK. V. has a half sister by the same mother but a different dad. She had A. when she was about 15. I guess that makes me the Wicked Step Grandfather. At any rate, A. considers me Grampa, and it costs me nothing to be nice to her and act the part. We have become pretty close over the last couple of years. She is still in the Hospital, recovering.

Neeko is doing just fine. I took care of him while Mrs A. and A. went to the cafeteria to grab a snack. He was perfectly happy being there with just me. We solved most of the worlds philosophical and political problems while the women were gone.


Then they came back and woke us up.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neeko is a super-cool name. I love it!

Al said...

NCP: I'm warming up to the name. Didn't care for it at first.

sue said...

What a cutie. I like the name, too!

Al said...

Sue: It's Greek for Nick. Kinda cue for a baby, but I don't know how well it translates as an adult.

rennratt said...

I'm glad that the two of you had some serious time to bond!

He's adorable, by the way.

Al said...

Renn: Thanks, he is a cutie.