Thursday, October 09, 2008

Small Break


This is where we will be this weekend. It is a small adjunct to the Lake Quinault Lodge called The Boat House. It is critter friendly, so Mrs A, can take Molly along.
No phone, no television and no cell phone reception. Just peace and quiet and trails to hike. The weather is supposed to cooperate, something you really can't count on this time of year.
It should be an ideal time for gathering Chantrelle mushrooms, and probably a couple of cauliflower mushrooms. If you know where to look. I'd tell you where, but then I'd have to swear you to secrecy, and you know you can't keep a secret.
I will be taking off tomorrow, we will leave around One, get there around Four to check in.
The only hitch in the works is that Mrs A. has a cold. We will be going any way, since I have already paid, but a lot of the activites I was looking forward to (who'se that snickering there in the back?) probably won't happen.
A couple of days in the clean fresh air will probably be good for her.
The Union and Boeing have agreed to go back to the negotiating table. Hopefully a new offer will be on the table by the middle of next week, they will vote on it by the end of next week and be back at work by a week from Monday.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Looks nice. How many rooms in that place?

Al said...

Rick: The whole place has a bunch of rooms, like a hundred. The Boat House has about nine.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Okay...so will you be putting these mushrooms in actual food or will you be making that psychedelic tea I've heard of but never tried? ;)

Al said...

PQ: No magic mushrooms here. I have enough trouble with the REAL world. That and my imagination.

sue said...

Except for the building... it looks like my house. :)

Sounds great.

You sure you won't tell me where the 'shrooms are? I PROMISE I won't tell...

See ya when you get back. Hope Mrs. A feels better soon. Maybe you can "inject" a little "medicine"... oops. My bad.

Sarah said...

Hope you have/had a wonderful time and Mrs. A miraculously felt better the moment you set off on vacation!