Saturday, December 09, 2006

Abomination!

Today we have an event which threatens the very core of civilization! An event so disturbing it may shift the magnetic poles and alter reality!

OK, so maybe that's a slight exaggeration.

I am working both days this weekend, and that is a rarity. I considered it a personal success story when I could live off of my 40 hour a week salary. There are people here that work every available hour so they can buy all of the toys. Newer truck, bike, quads, boat. Upgrade the spouse.

What I don't understand is, if you are working all those hours, when do you get to play with the toys? And if you can't play with them, what good are they?

So I avoid ovetime whenever I can. But people get busy this time of year, and so I got thrown in the frying pan for this weekend. This is only the second time this tear, so I can handle it.

We have a Christmas party to go to tonight, but we will have to leave early, cause I have to get up at zero dark thirty tomorrow and rattle my chains out in the factory.

Not only do I have to be here, but they EXPECT ME TO WORK.

I can feel reality crumbling around me even as I type this............

4 comments:

Rick said...

I really like the vision I have of you "rattling chains" around the plant. How very festive... very Dickins of you.

Al said...

How very Marlian of me, huh?

Bah Humbug!

Michael said...

I'm with you, I don't work overtime... fortunately in the IT work I do it's seldom required. I work to live, I don't live to work!

Al said...

I like my job, but it provides me with a meaningful way to pay for the things I want to do with my time.
They have these stupid rules about ovetime. Like if you miss any work during the week, you are not elegible to wotk OT.
Is that all it takes? Then you can count on me taking an odd hour off every week.