Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Home remedy

The Jambalaya is cooking on the stove. The wonderful smell permeates the house. I haven't made Jambalaya from scratch in a long time. Ever since I discovered Zatarains boxed mix. It is almost as good, and a whole heck of a lot easier to make.

Jambalaya is my all purpose currative. Good for dang near anything. Just spicy enough to get you to break out in a light sweat. Cajun Penicillin.

There was a time that I subscribed to the Cowboy Crud Remedy: Put your hat on the foot of the bed. Drink until you see two hats. Blackberry Brandy seemed to work best, but now that stuff is way too sweet for my diabetic body.

9 comments:

Rick said...

Jambalaya is seafood, right? Cajun chili? Or am I smokin' dope agin?

rennratt said...

Ooh. I forgot about the seafood.

Please count me out - allergic.

The seafood (shellfish) free version would be good, though!

Al said...

Rick: Some has it, some doesn't. This particular recipe is seafood free. As for what you been smokin' I leave that up to you.

Renn: You're not getting out of it that easy. This is turkey/ham/andouille Jumbalaya...nary a shellfish anywhere.

Michael said...

So the boxed stuff is pretty good is it? I'll have to try it... I was in New Orleans for a week a few years back and I practically lived on the stuff while I was there.

Al said...

Michael: Take the boxed stuff, add a bunch of sausage and an onion and a green pepper, and it's almost as good as home mqade.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hey there you!!! I can FINALLY post! :)

I'm starving right now...jambalaya sounds tasty! I make jambalaya for The PK and he LOVES it (especially the shrimp). I myself could do without the shimp...so I end up picking them out and giving them to him anyway.

Al said...

HEY PQ! Great to hear from you. I visit your blog every day hoping you will be back in business. I am typing on my new laptop, ccomplete with wireless card.

PLeanty of Jumbalaya left, dinner is at five!

Daphnewood said...

Jambalaya is only edible if made with sausage or chicken. No seafood. But it is so tasty. You have many recipes up that sleeve of yours.

Al said...

D: My menu is limited, but I am good at the things I do