Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Busy

Haven't had a lot of time lately to visit my blog or yours either.

I got an opportunity yesterday to buy a drill press for $50.00. A genuine industrial size 200 lb. five foot tall drill press. I have always wanted one, but they have always been a couple of hundred bucks, so when this one came up, I grabbed it. Vintage 1940s. but in perfect condition.

Today I had a meeting first thing in the morning, then the first 737-700ER loaded in Final Assembly today, and I am the designated point of contact for Electrical Problems. First of a customer/first of a model always means some emergent manufacturing problems, so I will be busy from now through at leaast the 20th, when it is supposed to roll out the door.

Gotta run, I need to put together a report on how the first day went.

2 comments:

Rick said...

I've always wondered what drill presses were used for... other than the obvious creation of elk-antler pipes.

Al said...

You're only limited by your creativity. I have made all sorts of mickey mouse car parts using a hand drill, but the task is a whole lot easier with a good drill press, which incidentally makes a pretty good lathe, even if it is sideways.