Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Aftermath

I can't believe I ate the whole thing..........

Well, it was all you can eat.....

Our counseling appointment went very well yesterday afternoon. We both got something we needed, and Mrs A. got some insight into her own behavior that really struck home. The Therapist provided us with some suggestions which were very helpful. He always provides a perspective from a little outside the situation, so his insights are always useful. As always we left feeling more focused and positive. He helped us through a couple of things that had been causing friction between the two of us.

So afterwards we went to Todai's for all you can eat. And we did. Mrs A. isn't a big fan of sushi, so she stuck with the Tempura and coconut shrimp and teryiaki chicken and that kind of stuff. And went back for seconds. And the dessert section.

My first plate was the hot foods, like Mrs a, except I also got a couple of spicy dishes, and yakasobe. The second plate was the sushi. And yes I did get several that featured raw seafood. I really like the octopus and the spicy tuna roll. The third dish full was dessert. Fruit danish type stuff, chololate/coffee cheesecake, cheesecake with blackberry topping and a couple of others that I can't remember.

A 22 oz. Asahi Super Dry with dinner helped the food slide down.

We both groaned with pleasure while they rolled us out to the car.

My blood sugar was still through the roof this morning. I don't think I will need to eat for a couple of days.

Oh well, its what you do every day that determines you health, not what you do on one day.

But it may be the one day that determines the quality of your life.

2 comments:

Daphnewood said...

it sure was nice of that anonymous blogger to tell you how to make some extra cash, huh? I am glad the head shrinker is worth the money. When I was in school, my professors told me it takes more than once to find the right counselor. Just like quality _____ (insert any profession here), good psychologists are hard to find.

So inquiring minds want to know, how high is the ol' blood sugar?

Al said...

The Shrink is covered under my Health Insurance, so it costs me a $10.00 co-pay. Well worth the investment.

My blood sugar was 230 after my evening of overindulgence, it was 140 this morning, will be back to normal tomorrow.

And I deleted the spam. HAH! Take that! (Gleefully pushes delete button)