Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tranks a lot

Mrs. A. is leaving for Utah tomorrow night, and she is as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. She can hardly sit still. She is taking off a half a day today, and her flight leaves tomorrow at 3:00.

This will be the first time in her life she has travelled by herself, and she is a little intimidated. No, make that terrified. We have done a quite a bit of travelling since we got hitched, so it isn't as intimidating as it used to be, but she is still VERY uncomfortable. I honestly believe that five years ago she would have been unable to do it.

I will just advise her to just take another Zoloft and float through the whole thing. Or if I can get through Security, we will check in and go find a cocktail lounge and I will buy her a couple of stiff ones to settle her down.

But I think one way or the other she will need to be tranquilized.

2 comments:

Daphnewood said...

how did the travel adventure go for Mrs. A? I hope she got through it okay. I used to have a major case of wanderlust when I was younger but nowadays I like exploring closer to home. That doesn't mean I have old-itis, does it? Still, I could fake a case of travel nerves to get free drinks out of you ;)

Al said...

WHen she called me last night from Utah, she was SSOOOO proud of herself.

They wouldn't let me past the sicurity checkpoint, so no free drinks. She took an extra half of a Zoloft and did just fine.