Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Eve

Mrs A. is home at last. I missed her terribly while she was gone.

She has a miserable cold or sinus infecction. She sounds terrible, but I'm still glad to see her.

So she wasn't at the family Christmas Eve party. Neither was one of my nephews and his wife. They were sick, as was his younger brother.

And of course R. was not around. Her last words to me were "I'm going to go get a gun and blow my brains out." I told her to go check herself into a clinic, that the kind of help she needed, I couldn't provide.

This will probably not be my favorite Christmas ever.

On a more positive note, I tasted Turducken for the first time. In case you dont know, it is a deboned chicken inside a deboned duck, inside a deboned turkey. It was good, but to me personally, not worth the time and expense.

Have one for me if you're having one,.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Not gonna be my favorite Christmas, either, but for different reasons. I'd be havin' one for ya, if I was havin' any. We'll make the best of it, right?

Al said...

I have power, and I have food and my wife, my Faith, and my health and a very good job. And a whole bunch of family that's not screwed up.

It's always up to you where your head is.

Michael said...

Merry Christmas Al... your sentiment about deciding where your head is rings absolutely true. There's so much we have no control over, happiness is figuring out which is which I think...

Al said...

Merry Christmas, Michael. Thanks for your encouragement. It is tough sometimes to just protect yourself and remember that there are so many things over which we have no control.