Sunday, December 03, 2006

Review

It was really nice seeing the Count Basie Orchestra on Saturday night.

If you like big band jazz, it was a real treat. Yeah, the music was of a different age, but it was the best there is at what it is. We had a great time. The food was good, and the music was world class.

Just what the doctor ordered.

I got out and did the repairs to my Z this morning, so it will be back on the road tomorrow. I love driving that car, and I have missed it.

Friday night Carol and I sat down and wrote out all the rules of the house. If the kids want to come here, they have to abide by the rules. It was a good exercise for us to sit down and write things out. We have discussed this a lot, but a thought is never complete until it is written down. It is also unfair to expect someone to respect a set of rules they have never seen.

So, we got it done.

Today R. came by to get some of her stuff, and I made her sit down and read the rules. Needless to say, she was not pleased. She told me she didn't love us any more and never would, she was going to change her name and move out of state.

Sounds like something a 12 year old would say.

Tough love isn't just tough on them, it is tough on us too.

7 comments:

rennratt said...

I can only imagine how difficult that was for both you and your wife.

Regardless, I am proud of you both for standing by your word.

Rick said...

And I think I'll go eat worms. So there!

Al said...

Renn: It's hard enough drawing the line in the sand, and writing up the rules. Sticking to them is the hard part.

Rick: Maybe run away and join the Circus?

Rick said...

Hey, speakin' of classic old guys' music... check out the NEW Eric Clapton - JJ Cale collaboration! Cale wrote two of Eric's biggest hits, "Cocaine" and "After Midnight." What a couple ol' coots! ;-)

Al said...

Rick: This one defiitely goes on my Christmas list. But MAN they look old.

Daphnewood said...

I like that idea of writing down the rules. You're pretty smart for a guy. Or was it Mrs. A's idea? ;)

Al said...

Daphnewood: And what kind of a snide sideways compliment was that about "for a guy"? I walk upright and everything. LOL
And it was my idea.