Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Feast Day

Today will be a grazing day.

Both Mrs. A and I have Christmas thank you feasts today at work. Hers is a lot more elaborate than mine, but there willl be no shortage of food. We will both graze lightly at the pastures at work, but only because we will do out serious eating later today.

We have a session with our Counselor this afternoon, and as always we will be going to Redmond Town Square afterwards for dinner.

Ever since I got together with Mrs A. I have been trying to get her to go to Todai's. It is an upscale all-you-can-eat sushi restaraunt. At first Mrs A. didn't want to go at all, because she thought that sushi meant raw fish. The raw fish stuff is sashimi, which is a kind of sushi, but not all sushi is raw. I bought her a couple of types of cooked sushi, and much to her surprise, she liked them.

Occasionally, she will pick up a sushi platter at the store, so her attitude has changed some.

I still wasn't able to get her to go to Todai's. Mainly because the restaraunt doesn't open for dinner until 6:00 and out appointments were always at 2:00.

Our appointment tonight is for 5:00, so we will be hitting Redmond Town Square at the right time.

At the Christmas party we went to last Saturday night, one of her friends was raving about Todai's, so that settled down her anxieties about the menu. I can't wait. Sushi and an ice cold Asahi Super Dry. YYUUMMMM!

So do you go for sashimi, or think it should be used as bait?

5 comments:

Rick said...

I bought some sashimi at Safeway, brought it home and cooked it right up. Tasted just fine to me, but as a rule, I won't eat anything I can't pronounce.

Al said...

I've eaten things I didn't even know what they were.

Maybe it's better that way.

Al said...

Denny: try California Rolls. Crab and avacado surrounded by rice and a seaweed wrapper.

Daphnewood said...

cooked or raw it is still fish

I will only eat fish a couple times of year and it can't taste fishy. Sushi bars just smell fishy. But someone has to eat the stuff. Better you than me ;)

Al said...

Daphnewood: You are missing out on some good stuff, but that's OK. More for me!