Friday, December 29, 2006

Feelin' better, feelin' bad

I heard fromm R yesterday. She is actually getting her stuff together. She has been in touch with Social Services, has gotten a health card, got signed up for food stamps and a temporary housing thing.

Finally she is doing somethng positive for herself!

I felt a little better yesterday, so I took V. down to the Mall so he could spend his Christmas money.

I bought a couple of CDs. Eric Clapton/JJ Cale. It's OK but nothing to get too excited about I'll know better after about the 10th time I hear it.

The other is a Charley Musselwhite (Delta Hardware Co). I am listening to it now, and it sounds REAL good so far. If you like blues harmonica.

Which I do.

Musselwhite is coming to town in Feb, and I have tickets.

After eating a soft beef taco, V. and I went to see Eragon. Pretty good movie. V. was disappointed because they left out a lot of the book, which he absolutely loved. But if you went into it without any expectations, it was well put together and entertaining. A couple of hours went by real quick.

Some of the special effects and animation were pretty damn skookum.

On the other hand, the virus is whacking the snot out of me.

Litterally.

I was supposed to go over to my Mom's today and hook up her new phones, but I didn't feel up to it, and when I called she told me to just stay away until I got better.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Damn! I had completely forgotten the new JJ-Clapton compilation! Waiting for my PayPal Christmas deposits to catch up and I'll be all over that sucker. Thanks for re-minding me (not that it'll stick or anything). Remind me again on Monday, willya? And lemme know how it sounds.

Al said...

Someone told me about it, so went on the Internet and checked it out, and they had a video clipp. It sounded good enough for me to go out and buy it.