Monday, December 25, 2006

It's Christmas!

Today was a very quiet day. Mrs A. and I are both not feeling well. She gave me a little something special for xmas.

It came in a very small package.

It is called a virus.

She seems to be doing better now that her native mosses have been rehidrated. Unfortunately, she has to go to work tomorrow.

I have all of next week off. I don't like having all of the time off lumped up now, because it means after the Hollidays, I don't have an official day off until Memorial Day.

Nice quiet day at home. We talked a lot and cleared things up. I made clear to her my commitment to her, and things are a lot better.

Never heard from R. She is off doing her thing, whatever that might be. She told me she has no friends and nowhere to go. Maybe that ought to send her a message.

The bottom line is that what she needs, I can't give her.

I need to take care of myself, and Mrs A and V.

Next Christmas will be better.

4 comments:

rennratt said...

Yep, it will.

Now, for that virus:

grab a package of mini carrots, 1/2 pack of celery (chopped).

Throw into crock pot (for all day cooking) or regular pot (for 2-3 hours).

Add vegetable broth OR chicken broth (large container)

Add 3 large boneless skinless chix breasts.

Add minimal water to cover all items. Add a dash of pepper and a splash of Old Bay Seasoning.

When finished, garnish with green onions and/or mushrooms.

We swear by it 'round these parts.

If you and the Mrs. lived closer, I would bring some over.

Al said...

You got to go a little farther South for my remedy.

I am making a big pot of Jambalaya this afternoon.

Take the ingredients you listed and add andoiuelle sausage, a little ham some rice and a bunch of spices. Just enough red pepper to make you sweat, and it will cure just about anything.

Dinner is at five.

rennratt said...

I have 2 hours to get there...

Save me a seat, would ya? It sounds delicious!

Al said...

You might be a little late, but Jambalaya keeps real well......