Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday Night

It's quiet here tonight, thank God.

It has been a busy but productive and fun week here in Alville. But also challenging and rewarding. I wouldn't want a week that didn't have it's challenges.

L. moved in with us. This situation has so many negative possibilities, I hate to think of them all. L. and her mom should never live under the same roof. Mrs A has expectations, but will never say exactly what they are, so L does what she thinks her mom will want, but of course it is never right.

For now things are fine, but I really don't expect it to remain that way. At some point they will get all pissy with each other. I can predict the conversation L: "I have been trying real hard to do what I thought you wanted" Mrs A: "Well why didn't you xxxxxxxxx. If I had been living in someone elses house I would have xxxxxxxxx" I think maybe I ought to suggest to Mrs A that she should write her expectations down, so that L. at least knows the rules. As adults they should work it out themselves, but communication is not one of their better abilities.

V is over at his dads again this weekend. He needs to spend time with his dad. Dad's second wife really doesn't want him around, but always manages to make out like she LOVES him. As long as he comes back over here when the visit is over.

The Blazer is back in good working order ($2800 later). I'm glad to have it back in good shape, but I don't need it. I want a midsized pickup. So I guess it will be gone soon. My grandaughter has agreed to buy it for $3500.00. I am giving her about $1000.00 off of it's value as a boost to help her get her life together.

Tomorrow I need to get up and go to the Asian Market to buy my ingredients for egg rolls. My recipe makes 100 egg rolls, and takes a couple of hours to do. But I make killer egg rolls. I bring them to every potluck or family get together, and I have never brought one home.

So Sunday is a family thing because my Sis is in from one of those mid-country States for a week. I wish I had some time to spend with her, but this has been such a crazy week that by the time I get home at night I am beat.

Oh, did I mention that my car was in a car show, so I had to spend the evening detailing it to get it ready?

Some day I am going to sit down and take a deep breath and know that I can just sit back and relax.

Nah, I would be bored.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

Yay!

Al is making EGG ROLLS!

Are Tracy Lynn and Rick headed your way?

IF I lived in the PNW, I would so BE THERE already (even though it's only 7 am there...)

You make Egg rolls without shrimp, right? I'm allergic. :)

Al said...

Renn: I make them both ways, but ususally without shrimp. I'd mail you some, but they make such a mess in the cancelling machine.