Thursday, August 23, 2007

Good Day

This has been a real good day so far. I brought my 1977 Datsun 280Z for the Boeing employees car and motorcycle show.

I spent the first half of my day out in the parking lot showing off my car. It has this emerald green to cobalt blue color shifting paint that is really extraordinary. People will walk by and glance at it, then glance at it again, then stop in their tracks and look at it first one way, then the other.

Then they usually want to know "How's it do that?" (After all we are talking Engineers here).

Then I get to talk about micro crystaline flecks, light difraction vs color absorption/reflection, sunlight vs shade.

I got the Blazer out of the shop yesterday, with the door rehung. The estimate was for $300.00, and the bill was $299.69. No big surprise. It wasn't until I got halfway home that I realized that they had charged me for my own parts, I almost went back, but the difference was under $20.00, so I just let it slide.

We had a rah-rah meeting yesterday. I went because there was fried chicken and potato salad. I ended up winning a door prize. It's nothing special, but it was the very last thing given away. It is a little camp stool that has a insulated compartment underneath the seat that will hold a six-pack of beverage and a side pocket for a pack of smokes. I have been attending these rah-rah meetings for almost 28 years, and it is the first time I have ever won anything. Some people win the lottery, I win a camping stool.

My sis from St. Paul is in town. I have been too busy to hook up with her. Maybe tonight after I get off of work.

We are all getting together at my brother Bills Sunday. This means I will be making egg rolls on Saturday.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"six-pack of beverage"

I know what MY six pack of beverage would be! ;)

Egg rolls...yum!

Al said...

PQ: I didn't know Captain Morgans came in six packs.

Anonymous said...

You make! egg rolls?

I just go to the chinese buffet.

I bet yours are better.

Al said...

NCP: I was taught by a Min Lao lady. The recipe makes around 100 egg rolls, which we put up in freezer bags at about 15-18 to a bag. Pull them out and fry them up. I always take them to potlocks, and I have never brought any home.