Thursday, August 02, 2007

Nerd Nirvana

V. is a bit of a computer geek. He plays World of Warcraft all the time. He has been having lag problems for quite some time. I bought him a gig of RAM for Christmas and it helped some. Bought him a new Graphics card, and that helped some.

It just kept getting worse. We were using a wireless router for internet, and he figured the delay was caused because of the wireless router, so we hardwired his computer to the cable.

He used his allowance to go down and get a WOW card, came home and loaded it, and no improvement. We went on-line to the Tech center and followed every possible fix, still zip.

He was frustrated and pissed off because he had just blown his entire allowance on a subscription card, and couldn't use it.

His sis came to take him to Wild Waves for the day on Teusday. He was bitching about his computer, so she said if he would bring it down to their place, she was sure her Fiance' could fix it, because he is MR. Computer Geek extrordinaire.

They took his computer down to Tacoma, and he brought back a basically brand new computer in an old case. Custom built as a gaming platform. He is in Geek Heaven. Or Nerdvana

And it didn't cost me a dime.

It seems the hard drive was corrupted.

Now he will be hitting me up for an X-BOX 360.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I am the complete opposite of a computer geek. I am a computer idiot...I have to muck my way thru anything I do....and as far as hard drives and gigabytes and RAM or whatever?

Might as well be talking to me in Swahili....;)

Al said...

PQ: Through brute force and ignorance I can almost always accomplish what I want. If I can't I have to go ask V. to help me, and he never misses an opportunity to rub it in.

~grey said...

My son plays WOW... he is addicted. Can't seem to get him off the computer... except for work and food. LOL

Glad V got his fix!

Al said...

~d~: We're going camping this weekend, so he electer to go spend the weekend with his dad instead. Imagine! a whole 4 days without electronics. He'd probably go catatominc or something