Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hectic

This morning I took my Blazer into the shop. The driver side door needs to be rehung. The only way you can get it closed is to lift up and pull in at the same time. You have to have the window open and push up with your keft hand while pulling in with your right.

I am selling the car to my grandaughter when it gets out of the shop. It is a 1997 two-door with 65,000 original miles. Off road suspension, four wheel drive, shift on the fly, cd player, electric seats, power windows, air. I just put a replacement transmission in it, along with a new clutch, pressure place, throwout bearing.

I am letting her have it for $3,500.00, which is well below blue book. She needs a good dependable car, and it should have a lot of good miles left in it She is trying real hard to get her life together, and it won't hurt me to give her a little boost.

Tomorrow is the annual Car show here at the Lazy B. I will be cleaning up my 1977 Datsun 280 Z with the color changing paint job. I never win anything, but it is a lot of fun to participate. I hope the sun shows up.

Our two houseguests are firmly ensconced in the spare bedroom. Hopefully not for too long. I care about them both, and really hope things work out. Time will tell.

Today is Hawaiian Shirt Day, but it somehow looses its glamor when you have to wear a fleece vest over your shirt to stay warm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fleece, huh? Sure... rub it in!

(98 here today - too hot even for Hawaiian shirts)

One word for you on the car show... Zaino.

Al said...

I'll trade you a day of drizzle for a day of sunshine...

Zaino: I'll try it if I can find it.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

A fleece vest? A FLEECE VEST???

Oh my God...here's it's like 100ยบ outside....I cannot even imagine being "chilly" right now. *sigh*

Rick said...

Huh-huh. He said "hung". And "pull". And other stuff. Huh-huh.

Al said...

PQ: My fingers and toes were cold, and the air conditioning was blowing down my back.

Rick: What can I say? you see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear, dig? A quote from The Rock Man in THE POINT by Neilson.