Sunday, August 19, 2007

Young Frankenstein

What a hoot!

I have always been a fan of the movie. Is is a real classic, and has lost nothing with time. The musical follows the movie pretty faithfully. It is not an exact clone, but an excellent derivation.

The coreography is well done, the singing is excellent, and the sets are superb. The music is spot on, and the chatacters are faithful to the original.

The audience was appreciative, and the cast got a very long standing ovation.

As I said previously, we had front row center seats, and we were positioned perfectly.

One recommendation. You can pre-order drinks for intermission. If you want to have a drink at intermission, order it before the show starts, because the lines are long and the intermission is short. They put the pre-ordered drinks on a special table with your receipt so all you have to do is pick them up.

The show lasted just short of three hours, and it never lagged. The songs were clever an a bit bawdy. Suggestive rather than dirty.

I don't know which would be better, to come in without knowing anything about it, or being a fan and able to anticipate the bad jokes. Both would be fun. I almost wished I hadn't known the movie so well, to better appreciate the timing and puns.

Lots of things happening on the home front. I'll get to that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Glad the show was everything you expected and that you and the Mrs's. enjoyed yourselves!

Anonymous said...

If this comes to my town, I will totally go see it

Rick said...

Does the show nice "knockers"? Wouldn't be the same without nice knockers.

Rick said...

Meant to say, "Does it have nice knockers." (I get too excited sometimes.)

Al said...

PQ: I was not disappointed. It was exactly what I expected, only a little better.

No Celery: From here it goes to Broarway.

Rick: It just wouldn't be right without Nice Knockers

Anonymous said...

Well I wish I could see it your description is great however, you are definately a talented writer.

Al said...

HI Beatrice. Good to have you stop by. If you like my writing, you might want to bo over to the shortcuts and click on BLATHERSKITE. Some funny stuff over there.