Thursday, August 16, 2007

Goin' Down Slow

Which is of course an old blues song written by Willie Dixon, who wrote a whole lot of really good blues songs back in the 50's. A lot of them were updates of originals from the 30's, adapted to the electric guitar.

Most of them were performed byHowlin' Wolf. I like his version of it better than any one of the several other versions I have heard.

This week is slowly wearing me down. Every day it gets a little harder to get out of bed. Just one more getup.

I have a meeting in the morning, and after that I think the day is open. It is a virtual meeting, so nobody will be able to tell if my eyes are open, just as long as I don't snore.

I have a couple of long term research things to do, so I won't be bored. But I like it best when I have about three projects going at the same time and barely enough time to get them all done.

Then next thing you know it will be Friday night and time to howl.

Saturday we are going to see Mel Brooks' latest, the remake of "Young Frankenstein" as a musical. We have front row center seats.

He is using Seattle to fine tune it before it hits Broadway. It ought to be a hoot, but I will have a little trouble without Cloris Leachman and Marty Feldman, and Gene Wilder and Madeline Kahn, Terry Garr and the rest of the original cast.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Weird. I was listening to Howlin' Wolf when I opened this post. How the hell do you keep gettin' front row center?? Somebody's gettin' a handjob 'r sumpin'.

Al said...

No way I would have ever thought someone would be listening to Chester Barnett when they read that post. (Hums twilight zone theme).

They offered pre-sale tickets through BECU, where Mrs A works, and I jumped right on it. Of course Mrs A's first comment was "Don't yu think the might be TOO close?"

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I think I may have to leave work early today. I got to sleep at around two this morning, then overslept (I usually wake up for work at 5:00...but didn't get up till 6:03)...then ran around like a mad woman to make it to work on time. I pulled in to work at 6:37. I was amazed.

Of course, I look like hell, but at least I'm here dammit....;)

Have a great weekend!

Al said...

PQ: I've heard the expression "I have to leave early because I came in late" before. Used it myself a few times.

I can't imagine you looking like Hell.

Michael said...

So how was "Young Frankenstein?" It looked like a pretty good show! Wish I had grabbed tickets...

Al said...

Michael: What a hoot! absolutely loved it.