Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Growin' Up

No, not me. I have found that there are no advantages to growing up.



I was so proud of V. last night.



Anyone who has come around here for a while knows there is an ongoing fued between Mrs A and DIL. They haven't talked in two and a half years. It is much too complicated to go into now, just suffice it to say that it makes things awkward for V.



He is living with us because I adopted him to keep him from being put out for adoption outside the family. But he has at times lived with his dad.



DIL can't handle him. She has no experience being a mom, and had no idea how to handle it when things didn't go smoothly. Anyone who has raised kids knows that is pretty much the norm, not the exception.



Every time things would get off kilter, she would send him back to us.



I finally put my foot down and said he was going to stay with us, that all the moving back and forth was not good for him.

DIL went all drama queen. Mrs A pointed out to her the fact that she was NOT V's mom either legally or biologically. Therein lies the seed of the feud.

I have told both of them that they are being childish and need to just get over it and move on. Poor V is always getting caught in the middle of it. So am I , and my son. It makes it hard during the Hollidays.

Mrs A had been talking with V. in the morning after I went to work, and the conversation got interrupted by the bus, so when V. got home she started up again.

V. explained to her how he had to take the brunt of their feud.

He very politely asked her if she would do something for him. He asked her to e-mail DIL and tell her that it was time to just let it go, and get on with life. He stressed "Please, do it for me."

What a grown-up way to put it.

Mrs A. has agreed, and has sent the e-mail and invited them over for Thanksgiving.

We shall see what we shall see.

Cross your fingers.

8 comments:

Rick said...

Tangled web, indeed. Remind them to remember the spirit of Thanksgiving.

sue said...

Good luck with all that. Seriously.

Al said...

Rick: Good plan. As long as they can be in the same house without gettin into a bitch slapping contest, I'll be satisfied.

Al said...

Sue: Thanks. I don't expect they will ever be best buddies, just hope they can coexist in peace.

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping DIL can be an adult too :)

Al said...

NCP: I guess I'll know by Thanksgiving.

rennratt said...

I am so, so proud of V.

I can't imagine being in the middle of such stress.

Al said...

Renn: Some times a kid will just out of the blue do something so mature it knocks your sox off. And then the next day they will be late for school because they stayed up all night playing games. But I got a glimpse of what kind of man he might be when he grows up.