Tuesday, November 27, 2007

YEEEHAW!

I got home last night, and the kids had moved out. It is great to have our house back.

I don't mean that it was a burden having them there. Everything went just fine. But having three extra people in the house makes you adjust everything you do. Be extra careful not to close the door too hard, the kid is down for a nap or still sleeping or just went to bed.

If you buy a special treat at the store and are hoarding it, it will now still be there when you go to get it. A gallon of milk will last longer than a day.

I am looking forward to playing hookie one day soon and having the house all to myself. It's been since early August that I could have a day all for myself.

I now can take a nap on the couch and not be disturbed. I love a good nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Both for you having the place to yourself... AND the kids having the wherewithal to find their own place!

Al said...

NCP: We had been leaning on them a little to move on, but I am glad they left before things got too intense.

sue said...

Oh, I can soooo relate!

Al said...

Sue: My sister was once in an auto wreck, and she got a concussion. A couple of weeks later she took a nap, and they couldn't wake her up. The second time it happened they told her she couldn't take a nap until they figured out what was going on.

What a terrible thing to face, a life without naps.

Luckily, they figured it out and she got to go back to taking naps.