Sunday, November 18, 2007

Second Place!

V. came home with a trophy from the debate tournament. He came in second. He is still in the Novice category, but since he has been consistently kicking ass, he is going to get bumped up to Juniors when this topic is done in one more tournament.

As he put it to me "If I don't occasionally get my ass handed to me, I'm not learning and not being challenged." His debate coach agrees, so after this next tournament it will be a new topic and a new level.

Go V!

Around the house, we are working on getting things ready for turkey day. We bought the bird and the trimmings and stuffung and sodas.

Mrs A bought some paint to touch up the kitchen. I need to do some work on the kitchen floor (there's a gap that has developed between a couple of pieces.) None of it is a big deal, it just needs to get done.

I am taking a few hours off. Watching The Seahawks vs Da Bears. Last two minutes of the third quarter and the Hawks are up by seven.

6 comments:

sue said...

Congrats to V!!

Um... I just noticed... I'm not over on your blogroll. Is that intentional? :)

Al said...

Sue: No, it is not intentional. I am just VERY lazy about updating it. ;P

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Way to go V.!!!

I'm not too much into pro ball (although I do like the Bucs) but my Seminoles won this past weekend so it's all good! :)

Al said...

PQ: The U of W Huskies arent that good this year, so I have just concentrated on the Seahawks.

rennratt said...

Sue, don't be offended.

I'm not there, either.

:)

Al said...

Renn: Holy shit! I was sure you were over there.. Oh well, I submiy myself for punishment.

Is that a hammer in your hand?