Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Turkeys are coming, The Turkeys are coming!

I had to look up something on the calendar this morning, and all the sudden my eyes drifted down a couple of lines and I realized Thanksgiving was TWO WEEKS FROM TOMORROW.

Holy crap! I have so much to do.

We are having my family over on turkey day. That means somewhere between twenty and thirty people. Mrs A. will obsess that the house is a mess.

I need to take a couple of trips to the dump, move things around so I can free up a couple of parking places. We haven't even discussed the menu yet.

Of course turkey is the centerpiece, but I think I will do a pork tenderloin roast in Cranberry Chutney. And riced potatoes. That's a start.

I need to call everyone to coordinate who brings what side dish.

And try to whup V. into cleaning up the front yard.

And pick out some wine and beer.

And dig Mrs A.s good dishes out of hiding.

And we need to make egg rolls.

and..........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, lucky for me, I just show up at my Mom's house and eat. Sometimes I have to bring dessert.

Al said...

NCP: We take turns hosting, and it's my turn in the barrel. Usually I am requested to bring egg rolls.

rennratt said...

I'll bring "Slap Yo Momma Potatos".

And a pie, of course.

Al said...

Renn: Sounds good. We will start eating at 2:00