Friday, November 23, 2007

T+1

Everything went just great on Thanksgiving, although there were a couple of "No shows". One out of town, one sick, one we never could get ahold of. My son N. and his wife were hosting their own dinner at their house.

So of course that meant filling the gaps. R. brought a couple of friends, and Mrs A invited a couple, so there was no lack of guests. I counted around 20.

I had been somewhat apprehensive about R. and Mrs A. being in the same house together, but for at least this one day they got along just fine. R. didn't stay too long, as she was invited to a couple other celebrations. At least they kept their claws sheathed and tongues curbed.

Mrs A. had to work today, so she turned in early. That left me to do clean-up. I was at until 11:00, washing dishes and putting things away. There is not enough room in the fridge for all the leftovers. Currently there are three pies, some dressing, nuts and Pub Mix sitting out calling to me.

Which is better for breakfast, cherry pie, pumpkin pie or peach pie?

Don't look at me like that, you know you've done it.

7 comments:

Michael said...

Let's see... Peach Pie is better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream so I'd say that is of an evening pie. Cherry is too sweet for breakfast, so that leaves Pumpkin... yeah, definately the Pumpkin Pie for breakfast. ;-)

rennratt said...

I'd take a 'smidge' of all three, throw in a cup of coffee and rename it 'my buffet'.

Hope that your day was a great one!

Al said...

Michael: The Cherry pie wasn't real sweet, so it won out. To me the taste of pumpkin goes with evening.

Renn: I had the house to myself most of the day. I ate, took a nap, cleaned up a little, playrd on my laptop. It was great.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I'd vote peach too, but pumpkin works as well. I've never been a big fan of cherry. Glad your day went well, and enjoy your leftovers.

Al said...

Sarah: Love my leftover turkey sandwiches with a side of dressing. And of course pie for desert

~grey said...

I would have a bit of all three... mmmm pie....

you accidentally found my other blog. I had to change names...
here is a link to the current one.

:)
Always love to see your comments.

http://greyimpressions.blogspot.com

Al said...

Grey: I wondered about the other blog, which I got to by following the links from a ccomment. Good to get linked up with you again.

I am sitting here vegitating after a couple of turkey samdwiches, dressing, and cranberry sauce.