Saturday, November 17, 2007

Whew!

V. is at another debate tournament this weekend. That means I had to stay up late last night to go get him, and then get up early too deliver him back at school.

He got home at a little after 11 and had to be back at school at 6:15, so I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I went back to bed and caught up, but since he is in the tournament today, it will be another late night.

I really don't like giving up my Friday and Saturday ninghts, but you do what you have to do to support your kids.

When I got up, I went to the big Chinese Market, The Great Wall and bought the ingredients for egg rolls. The original recipe I had made 100, but I have expanded on it, and it now yields around 120. We make egg rolls and watch TV and have a little Adult Beverage.

The quality control falls off a little towards the end of the batch, but it becomes a fun activity instead of a chore.

L's boyfriend says he keeps trying to find egg rolls better than mine, but so far nobody comes close.

We just finished eating our sample batch, and they are very good. I have never made a bad batch, but some are better than others. This batch is above average.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

5 comments:

Michael said...

You're making me hungry for Chinese food Al! I might have to visit my favorite little restaurant over in Burien this afternoon.

Al said...

Michael: That's not a bad thing, I hope. Try Hong's Harden in Renton sometime for lunch. They have good dim sum.

sue said...

I LOVE egg rolls... feel like sharing your recipe?

Al said...

Sue: It's in my archives someplace. Like most recipes it has evolved over time. I'll try and dig it up and send it too you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Al, any chance if you dig it up, you could send it to me as well as Sue? I moved to the Bay Area, and can't find any good ones anywhere! It'd be greatly appreciated!