Thursday, December 13, 2007

Just For Me Day

I declared today to be galactic Just For Me Day.

I turned off the alarm, called in to work.

Then I went back to bed and slept until 10. It felt wonderful.

Got up and got the book I am reading,"Black Order" by James Rollins. It's pretty good. An end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it-if-we-don't-stop-the-badguys thriller. It has three separate story lines that converge at the end. It is well written and I don't always want to put it down.

Fell back to sleep.

Got up and worked on my current jugsaw puzzle, had lunch.

Went out and wandered in the car. hit the Mall , a jewelry store, Linens'n Things.

I am buying Mrs A. a 47" LCD HGTV for Christmas, Now don't go looking at me like that.

I am too.

I don't much care for TV.

Of course there is an occasional sports event I will watch, just to keep up socially. You know, Monday morning water cooler bonding. "Did you see that incredible (catch, run, kick, tackle, sack, pass) in the third quarter? I mean it was HIGHLIGHT REEL stuff!

But I wanted to buy Mrs A. a little something special. This is our fifth Christmas together, so I went to the jeweelry store and bought her a five diamond pendant. It is in a teddy bear. He has a sack. It is sitting under the tree.

She knows it is there. She asked me "You expect me to not peek?"

I said yes.

Tonight after she goes to bed, I am going to take the pendant out and put a note in the jewelry box that says "You Peeked" and hide the pendant.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations, and sounds like a fabulous day! Hope it restored you mentally and emotionally!

Also, the note? Brilliant! John told me the other night he hid my presents in among my stuffed animal collection, and it's been driving me nuts ever since, but I haven't peeked....yet.

Al said...

Sarah: I know my wife, and it will drive her NUTS.

She WILL peek!

Sarah said...

It's so hard to be an adult when you turn into a kid over the holidays!!!

Al said...

Sarah: Some of us fight hard to stay a kid in some ways. You can't go into your second childhood if you never left your first.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh that is GOOD! I love it when guys do stuff like that!!!

One year, I got The PK a work-out bench (with those rectangular weights). The weights came in two seperate boxes...and each box seemed to weigh A TON. Instead of wrapping the huge box with the whole work out station in it, I took the two boxes of weights, wrapped them in Christmas wrapping and pushed/pulled/dragged each box across the living room floor and shoved them way under the tree. When The PK went to reach for the box, he about threw his back out, they were so heavy...but it was defintely a SURPRISE.

I LOVE a good surprise! :)

And good for you for playing hooky...I love a good hooky day! :)

Al said...

PQ: I will get as much fun out of torturing her as I will when I actually give her the gift.

rennratt said...

That is wonderful.

I'm glad you took a day for yourself!

Al said...

Renn: There are two signs that I need to decompress. Both are dreams. If I start dreaming I am back in the Army, it means I feel like I am in danger. If I start dreaming of being back on the farm, I feel like things are going on that are out of my control.

Either one means I need a day off.

pipper said...

You two are going to have a wonderful Christmas!!! Um, can you contact my hubby and tell him how to this romantic stuff too...or better yet, just talk him into getting me a TV just like that one, LOL.

Al said...

Janelle: Christmas this year will be fun, but it usually is as long as you don't let the stress get to you. As far as the other stuff, I am barely civilized myself. I still drink milk out of the carton, and leave the seat up.

sue said...

She doesn't read your blog????

You ARE evil.. LOL. In a "good" way, of course.