Thursday, December 20, 2007

More car stuff

I went down to transfer the title to the one car, and it has not been licensed in so long that it has dropped off of the computer. That means they will not transfer the title until they get it back into the computer, and God only knows how long that will take.

They turned me away and said"We'll call you when it's ready." The second car I don't even have the title for yet, so Lord only knows how long it will take to get it transferred. I love bureaucracy. It provides thousands of semi-literate incompetents with a feeling of purpose, and keeps them off of the Welfare Rolls. Oh well, enough of that.

My cousin came over last night, and dropped off a Christmas Present. It was a thank you for taking her to see TSO. We have been best buds since we were in diapers. We always have a great time whenever we get together. She and Mrs A. get along great, so if she is over, I can go off and do something else and they will hardly even miss me.

She got us a gift certificate for Bahama Breeze, We have been there a couple of times, and the food was great. The activity behind the bar is entertaining, with the bartender juggling bottles and occasionally setting fore to things. But mainly the food is great. Seafood and Rum Punch with an umbrella in it with Carribian music in the background.

I can't wait.

7 comments:

Rick said...

You know the DMV is calling Homeland Security 'cuz you're laundering drug money for the terrorists. Dontcha?

Al said...

Rick: Is that why the guy in the gray trenchcoat and sunglasses is following me? I thought he looked familiar.

Michael said...

Jeez you'd think the state would move quicker when it's an issue that involves them getting money from a citizen instead of vice-versa...

Bahama Breeze isn't bad, have been in there a few times and enjoyed the food myself.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

So then, what time should I meet you and Mrs. A at the restaraunt? I'm a sucker for rum and caribbean tunes! ;)

I'll be the one wearing the sarong and flip-flops. AND the tiara. :)

Al said...

Michael: The DMV is one of my personal adversaries. I think the licensing place hates to see me walk through the door. I am always doing something that doesn't quite fit in their nice neat little boxes.

PQ: Shall I send a cab? Today would not be a good day for a sarong and flip-flops. It was 27 degrees this morning.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Al - No, no, no...you and Mrs. A come to OUR Bahama Breeze...there's one not too far from Palace Peanut.

The weather here this afternoon will be perfect for it! Check it out!

Al said...

PQ: Leaving now. Will call when I get close, like maybe Georgia.