Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Signs

The weather has been entirely too interresting lately.

First it was freezing and snow on Saturday.

Then yesterday it was close to 60 degrees and raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock. Roads closed, hillsides sloughing off parts onto the streets below. High winds. We set some records for the amount of rainfall in a 24 hour period.

When you have seven inches of snow comverting itself to water during a torrential downpour, you got more water than you have places to put it.

And the big kicker: The local MickeyD burned down yesterday afternoon.

The end is near.

9 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo yikes...that sounds cold and miserable!

Makes me glad I live where I do despite the crazy tourist drivers!!! :)

Stay warm!

Sarah said...

How do you burn down in a torrential rain?

Al said...

PQ: At least we don't have hurricanes.

Sarah: Ever see what happens when cold water meets hot grease? Do not attempt this at home.

Rick said...

I do believe the burning of Mickey D's is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

Al said...

Rick: Or at least the end of civilization as we know it.

Michael said...

Ok, I'll be honest... I never liked that Mickey D's. Their service sucked every time I was in there. Clearly it was a build up of bad karma that did them in.

Al said...

Michael: I think I went in there once, and never went back.

pipper said...

"a cow peeing on a flat rock" that is a new one for me, but very funny, very classic! I am adding you to my sidebar thingy now...that is huge in my world, LOL

Al said...

Janelle: My family ran a dairy farm for a long time. So I have all sorts of cow related useless information.