Saturday, December 01, 2007

Damn the Snow, full speed ahead

We have eight reservations to go see Trans Siberian Orchestra, and wouldn't you know it, I got up this morning to snow.

It melted off of the streets by about noon, but about 3:00 it started up again.

The streets are now white.

I took the HHR out to gas it up and drive around to guage conditions, and we are gooing to go anyway.

Two people have already backed out. I am not going to let a little snow stop me.

Hopefully tomorrow the only thing I will have to post about is the concert.

5 comments:

Michael said...

The 3pm show was *fantastic*... hope your showing went well and your drive home was safe!

Al said...

Michael: What a fantastic show.

Things went back and forth about transportation.

At one point we had more people than cars, but in the end, things melted down just enough that my cousin could make it, and we ended up with seven people for a seven passenger van.

Rick said...

Well, lookit us old geezers, all fulla Christmas shit! I'll double Michael's assessment, the 3pm show was way MORE than fantastic, it was friggin' AWESOME! I can't imagine how they had enough energy left to do it again two hours later! Spousal Unit and I were in the 12th row... close enough to feel the heat from the pyrotechnics.

Anonymous said...

TSO is definitely worth braving some snow for! We missed the bay area show due to being home for Thanksgiving, but caught them in Iowa a couple years ago, and they were fantastic!

Al said...

Rick: They evidenly saved enough for the second show, because they were fan-effing-tastic. Actually, the 3:00 show was the WARM-UP for the main show.

Sarah: This is the first time I have seen themm. Nothing like live.